The original RIE Manual is a collection of papers written by Magda Gerber, Dr. Emmi Pikler and staff of the Pikler Institute. The RIE Manual Expanded Edition, published in 2013, contains Magda Gerber’s original RIE Manual in its entirety, and has over 90 pages of new material that cover key topics such as:
- How the Educaring® Approach relates to current neuroscience
- Supporting competence in a child with special needs
- Sharing the Educaring® Approach with adults
- Examining RIE environments
- Observing and facilitating play
This title is one of the required titles for the course RIE Foundations: Theory and Observation.