RIE® Certified Parent-Infant Guidance™ classes encourage babies to be attentive, active, exploring and aware of self and others. Designed to encourage children to become authentic and responsible from an early age, Parent-Infant Guidance™ classes help parents to be confident in their supportive role towards this great discovery. Facilitated by a RIE® Associate, small groups of parents and babies come together in a relaxing, infant-friendly environment to take pleasure in the infants’ unfolding development and play. Groups are on-going and remain together in continuous eight-week sessions until the youngest turns two.
Topics for discussion often include:
- Age-appropriate expectations
- The importance of play in children’s learning
- Balancing parents’ and children’s needs and wants
- Establishing clear, consistent, and appropriate limits
- Adapting the home environment as baby grows
Classes are limited to eight infants and their parents. Whenever possible, infants are grouped according to their stages of motor development.