COVID Standards, Policies and Procedures
(updated January 3, 2022)*
Resources for Infant Educarers (RIE) is pleased to have reopened both its locations in Pasadena and Hollywood as well as continuing online classes.
We are aware of the risks still present from COVID-19 and continue to review information from public health experts and take steps to ensure the safety of our families and our facilitators.
We will continue to monitor guidance from local health departments and abide by all local guidelines. We will continue to evaluate and assess our schedule and our policies to ensure that our classes are structured in a way that helps mitigate the risk of exposure, without diminishing our time together and children’s interactions.
IN-PERSON PARENT-INFANT GUIDANCE CLASSES
- Only fully vaccinated (14 days after the final dose) adults will be allowed to attend class.
- All facilitators and staff are fully vaccinated.
- Our class sizes are limited to 8 families per group, and we one or two adults may attend with each child. Other visitors will not be allowed at this time.
- All families will sign a release of liability waiver upon enrollment.
- We require you to stay home if you or your child have any symptoms of illness.
- If you receive a positive COVID test result, we require you to inform RIE’s Program Director, Melissa Coyne, and remain home for the duration of the illness and a 10-day quarantine period. In the case of missed classes, refunds for the current billing cycle will not be issued and your spot in class may be filled. If desired, you can pay to hold your spot.
- In the case of a known positive COVID case, classes will be notified of exposure and steps taken to reduce any transmission.
- If at any point, the facilitator believes it is unsafe or that precautions and guidelines are not being followed, the family will be asked to leave.
- Adults will wash their hands and their child’s hands upon arrival to class.
- The facilitator will take the temperature of all who attend each class, check overall wellness for symptoms and have you sign a wellness screening that will be supplied when you arrive.
- All adults will be asked to complete a COVID screening when signing into class and attest to their vaccination status. Signing in is critical for contact tracing purposes.
- All adults must wear masks during class.
- Adults will maintain a 6-foot distance at all times unless intervention from the facilitator is needed.
- All our locations have been deep cleaned and will receive ongoing deep cleaning on a periodic basis.
- Additionally, thorough cleaning of the environment and materials between classes is in full effect. You can feel confident of:
- Consistent & frequent cleaning: All toys and high touch shared spaces such as doorknobs, countertops, etc. are consistently and frequently cleaned and sanitized after every use and every class.
- The daily schedule of in-person classes is such that there is ample time between classes to allow for cleaning and disinfecting materials and shared spaces.
- Air purifiers have been installed and the Hollywood classroom leads to an outdoor deck.
- Fully vaccinated domestic travelers can return to class with no quarantine. Fully vaccinated international travelers are recommended to take a covid test 3 to 5 days after returning, but not required.
*due to the ongoing changing nature of the current COVID situation, these policies are subject to change.