RIE Prenatal Parenting Classes
“For expectant parents… I am aware that now you are preoccupied with the birth of your baby, and everything that happens afterwards may seem remote and intangible. Yet this is the ideal time to become acquainted with some basic RIE ideas… it is [easier] to develop good habits from the beginning than to undo and change ‘bad’ habits later.”
—Magda Gerber, RIE Founding Director
An introductory course for those expecting, waiting to adopt, or thinking about becoming a parent, Before Baby™ is designed to start you on your journey with confidence in yourself as a parent and trust in your baby’s unique ability to show you the way.
Before Baby will help you to establish healthy patterns from the beginning of life and includes:
- What crying means and how to respond
- Setting up the baby’s room
- Sleep for baby and parents
- “Quality” time together
The price of the course starts at $350 and includes digital copies of The Before Baby Parent Notebook and excerpts from The RIE Manual. If you would like to register for Before Baby online or at the RIE Los Angeles Center, please click here. Classes offered by RIE® Certified Associates can be found here. If you have questions or would like to learn more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good to know:
- This class is focused on relational infant care and supporting overall development and does not include baby CPR.
- Baby care classes are covered by many insurance plans. You can read more about it here and check with your insurance to see if the cost of the class can be reimbursed.